Microsoft Copilot is an aptly named technology which will be embedded into the Microsoft 365 ecosystem. It’s currently in beta development and being tested with a group of approximately 50 organizations.
As of the writing of this article, we don’t know how much it will cost, or what versions of the 365 licensing suite will be included within.
We do understand some of the intended functionality and use cases for Copilot –
First, Microsoft Copilot will be embedded into the office applications. It will provide a natural language interface where you can instruct Copilot to do a number of tasks, including writing email responses, creating word documents based on meeting notes, and even taking the content of a word document and developing a powerpoint presentation. Alongside the Copilot integrations functioning inside the applications, there will also be an integration inside Microsoft Teams called “Business Chat”.
Business Chat is a natural text chatbot that will comb your network files, folders and messages in aggregate to make effective use of these data sources. You will be able to ask it questions such as
- Summarize the chats, emails, and documents about the [customer] escalation that happened last night.
- What is the next milestone on [project]. Were there any risks identified? Help me brainstorm a list of some potential mitigations.
- Write a new planning overview in the style of [filename A] that contains the planning timeline from [filename B] and incorporates the project list in the email from [person].
I asked Google Bard what the top five benefits to leverage on Microsoft Copilot and Bard answered:
Here are the top five benefits of Microsoft Copilot:
- Unleash creativity: Copilot can help you generate content, ideas, insights, and more with just a few words or clicks. You can use it to write documents, create presentations, design graphics, compose emails, and more.
- Save time: Copilot can help you save time on repetitive tasks, such as writing emails, creating reports, and editing documents. It can also help you find information quickly and easily.
- Improve quality: Copilot can help you improve the quality of your work by checking for spelling errors, grammar mistakes, and style issues. It can also help you make your work more concise and clear.
- Increase productivity: Copilot can help you increase your productivity by freeing up your time to focus on the most important tasks. It can also help you avoid distractions and stay on track.
- Make work more enjoyable: Copilot can make work more enjoyable by taking some of the tedium out of it. It can also help you be more creative and productive.
Overall, Microsoft Copilot is a powerful tool that can help you save time, improve quality, and increase productivity. It is a valuable asset for any business or individual who wants to get more done.